Teacher: Bonnie Miles
Please bring the following supplies to class:
* Sewing machine – with thread, bobbins filled and cords
* Cutting matt (or share one) Rotary cutter and scissors (Make sure rotary is sharp)
* Rulers – especially a large square. (12-1/2” is good) A 6-1/2 x 12 or 24 will be used too.
* Fabrics as shown below – and DONʼT stress over this ! Just choose a handful.
Cut and/or sew the following for class demonstrations – and making samples:
* Random strips sewn together to make a 12-1/2” square (MAKE TWO OF THESE)
* 6 strips 2-1/2 x 16” Sew together side by side to make a square (or rectangle)
(with one light and one dark somewhere in the set)
* Random 22” long strips sewn together in a strip set – enough to make the strip 6-1/2” wide
* Bring a big handful of odd size / shaped pieces (At least 15-20 pieces )
* Large pieces of left over background fabric. OR 1/2 yard if bringing yardage.
(You could use fat quarters if you wish)
Other items you may want:
* Camera for taking pictures of samples / quilts
* Pencil or pen for taking notes and making sketches
* Extra scraps or strips – other than those required – with pieces as large as 6” square.
We will be making up samples of at least FOUR blocks, with ideas given for another half a
PLEASE DO NOT BRING DRINKS in containers other than bottles with a lid.